NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Date: Wednesday 20th July 2022 @ 7:00pm
Location: Joondalup Sports Club, Miami Beach Promenade, Iluka.
All Homeowners/property owners of Iluka are paid members of the Iluka Homeowners Association (IHA) and are invited and encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The IHA is managed by a Committee, which consists of members who donate their time for the benefit of Iluka as a whole.
Kindly Register your intention to attend the AGM
Given the difficulties around planning for an unknown number of attendees at an AGM we ask that you register your intention to attend the AGM by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and advising how many people will be attending. We require this information to ensure that we will have a quorum on the day and that the room and seating arrangements will suffice. Those who have registered will get preference should numbers have to be restricted by the capacity of the room.
Keynote presentation by representative(s) from
Ocean Reef Marina Development (Update)
- Chairperson’s Report.
- Treasurer’s / Financial Report.
- Presentation by Development WA.
- Presentation by the City of Joondalup – Specified Area Rate (SAR)
- Call for nominations for the new Committee 2022-2023.
The IHA can only function effectively if it has a committee made up of enough volunteers (ideally 10 to 12 members) with diverse interests and a level of enthusiasm that will ensure a quorum of at least six members is present at each monthly meeting. Having a committee of around 10 – 12 volunteers has been shown to provide continuity when members are not available due to travel or other commitments from time to time.
Make a difference in your community through organising social events, have a say on how SAR funds are spent and how much SAR is collected each year by joining the committee of the IHA. A small amount of your time can make a huge difference.
Without an active committee and incorporated body, the following will happen:
- The SAR (specific area rate that you pay as part of your rates) would be terminated and the overall condition of the estate would be negatively impacted.
- Popular community events (Easter and Halloween) will no longer be run.
- Iluka will not be represented during the annual capital works budget deliberations, in City of Joondalup briefings or in working parties.
- Collaboration between like-minded residents associations will be less likely.
- The reduction in enhanced levels of landscaping and maintenance will negatively affect property values.